In March 2013 SOTAS announced it was pleased to add Rode Pool to its portfolio of waters. The acquisition of this prestigious water holding quality stocks of carp, pike and coarse species only adds to the value of fishing available on the SOTAS ticket.
Species & Stocking
This specimen pool has big bream, carp, perch, crucians, roach and pike and will provide good sport all year around.
Bream Medium - High Upto 11lb, average 7lb
Common Carp Low - Medium Upto 28lb, average 20lb
Mirror Carp Low - Medium Upto 28lb, average 20lb
Crucian Carp Low Upto 4lb
Roach Medium - High Upto 2lb, average 12oz
Perch Medium - High Upto 2lb, average 12oz
Pike Medium Upto 15lb, average 7lb
Directions Burslem to Tunstall to Kidsgrove A50; turn right at traffic lights A34 Scholar Green; go past Bleeding Wolf pub (thatched roof); turn left into Rode Heath, Rode Pool is on left hand side.
Post code ST7 3QP,
Grid Reference SJ8157
Sat Nav 53.114357, -2.277842
1. The season is from 1 January to 31 December.
2. Pike fishing only allowed from 1st October to 15th March.
3. Members are only allowed on the water dawn until dusk.
4. Members must only fish numbered pegs 1—24. No access beyond peg 1 and peg 24.
5. No leger weight in excess of 3.5oz allowed.
6. A maximum of 2 rods only may be used.
7. Parking in road adjacent to the Pool no parking on the estate.
8. No bait boats allowed.
9. No keepnets to be used other than in matches.
10. Spinning/Lure/Fly fishing for Perch is only allowed from 1st October to 15th March.
11. NO DOGS ALLOWED