In October of 2018 SOTAS announced it was pleased to add Challinors Pool to its portfolio of waters. The acquisition of this water holding quality stocks of carp and coarse species only adds to the value of fishing available on the SOTAS ticket.
Species & Stocking
This idilic pool is rumoured to hold good carp and tench. It will be exciting to fish a water with unknown potential.
As it is a new water on the Society ticket for 2019 it is too soon to say. There is talk of good size carp in the pool but time will tell.
Directions: A52 up Ash Bank and through Werrington onto Cellarhead . Turn left at Cellarhead traffic lights onto A520 towards Wetley Rocks. After approx .75 mile look out on right for a sign and entrance to Wetley Manor Care Home. Turn right into the entrance and follow the drive . The pool is on the right hand side.
Post code ST9 0AR,
Grid Reference SJ960481
Sat Nav 53.030372, -2.060020
1. The season is from 1 January to 31 December.
2. Fishing from designated pegs only.
3. Day Angling: - Dawn till Dusk only.
4. Night-fishing: - Only 4 Anglers allowed to night fish on the water at any one time and these must be in the designated Night Swims marked by a white post. These swims are for the use of all anglers. If a day angler is fishing in the swim the day angler must be allowed to complete his fishing session and only when it has been vacated must the night angler move in.
5. A maximum of only two rods to be used.
6. Parking in car park adjacent to pool. No parking on road or estate.
7. No bait boats allowed.
8. Barbless hooks only. Max size 8.
9. No keepnets allowed other than in official matches.